Being someone who has an interest in the occult field, I keep a look out for possible sources of information. I have found myself sorely disappointed over the years by television recanting of occult related fields. In this instance I am specifically referring to shows such as "A Haunting" or "
1. It’s generally a family or couple. (I guess bachelors and single women are completely oblivious to their existence.)
2. It never goes into the people's background. An example is Ted is a construction worker and Lisa is a stay at home mom. That’s as far as it goes. This is probably due to the fact that the episode is a work of fiction (yes, I feel the interviews are becoming staged).
3. It’s mainly the stay at home wife or child who notices it.
4. The dominate money earning figure in the house often dismisses its presence.
5. The spirit in the house is consistently negative, (In which case they usually blame it on the age old culprit, Demons.)
6. A paranormal investigation team or a priest of some kind (usually christian) shows up.
7. It is "discovered" that a "bad" person lived there or "bad" events happened there or an ancient spiritual ritual has occurred there or a Satanist ritual occurred there.
8. An exorcism or cleansing rite follows.
9. The exorcism or ritual doesn't work nine times out of ten.
10. The Family moves away and another family moves in.
I don't know what you guys and gals think, but this pattern has occurred consistently in these shows. I feel that it is because these shows are staged and becoming a stereotype factory. I was just interested to see if anyone else has noticed such patterns arising in ghost shows, occult or paranormal encounter programs. I was also interested in anyone else's view on such programs.